What Stands Behind Water Damage?
Exposure to a water-damaged environment can be dangerous to your health. As such, once you discover you've got water damage problems, it's important you reach out to an expert for water damage restoration like Hippo Carpet Cleaning Manhasset. Water damage restoration is an important process that must be done with care for you to return your home back to the way it was before the water intrusion. It is a specialized service that removes water from your home and returns it to a livable pre-damaged condition.
Here's the catch. Water damage restoration is a challenging task and it goes beyond drying off visible water. If not properly done, the porous material can harbor mold and bacteria and this can pose a dangerous threat to your health. Also, if not taken care of immediately, excess water in your home can promote electrical hazards and cause expensive damage to your home's structure and furnishings.
Here are some of the causes of water damage:
- Plumbing leaks
- Broken water heaters
- Appliance leaks or broken pipes and hoses
- Moisture behind walls
- A leaking roof
Once you try our high-quality service, you'll see the difference yourself!
Local Water Damage Restoration Specialists
Do you live in Manhasset, NY? Our team is stationed there!
We take charge of your home restoration from start to finish to keep you and your family safe. We also ensure your home is dry and clean. We help with:
- Flood Water
- Mold Removal
- Sewage Backup
- Storm and rain damage
- Water cleaning and remediation
Why Should You Call Us?
While water damage can be very stressful for homeowners, it is possible to restore your home back to normal with the right steps. There is certain water damage that you will not be able to take care of yourself due to its magnitude. Imagine coming back home from work and boom the next thing you see is your home has been hit by a lot of water. You definitely cannot take care of this yourself as it is beyond your capacity. If you're looking for guidance or believe the damage is beyond what you can handle, it's always a good idea to leave water damage restoration to the professionals. Hippo Carpet Cleaning Manhasset is just a call away. Contact us at 516-331-0997 to get a free estimate.
What Do We Do to Restore Water Damage?
- Emergency Water Extraction. If you've seen your basement six inches deep in water, you know how important it is to get the water out quickly. We have the professional equipment for fast and effective water extraction.
- Critically Examine for Mold. Molds are fungi that grow as a result of water intrusion. Mostly, mold have the capacity to spread quickly once it infests an area, so it is in our best interest to inspect for growth to avoid any health hazards. For small issues, we cut out the affected area, bag it, and dispose of it immediately. However, with serious mold infestations, we shut down any airflow to stop contamination.
- Dry Water Out. Before more damage occurs, we help to eliminate all moisture and dry out the affected areas. We circulate air and dry out the carpet, wood, and other surrounding materials. While this won't prevent mold growth altogether, properly drying out the area will help lessen the damage.
- Remove Defective Materials. It is our duty to check if your permeable materials, like insulation or carpet, are soaked with water, we help to dispose of them immediately to avoid mildew. We professionally focus on the ceiling and floors. Unsealed cement, drywall, and wood are replaced so the home's structure can support water damage repair.
- Sterilize Remaining Areas. Part of what we do is to sterilize the remaining areas so to prevent other mold spores from invading after we are gone. The infected water that invaded your home can be quite dangerous, it can contain a lot of bacteria and other harmful substances. The water could also encourage the growth of mold, so we sanitize immediately.
- Restoration. Once everything is dried, cleaned, and disinfected, the only thing left is to put your property back to the way it was before the damage occurred. We replace insulation, put in new drywall, stretch carpets back into place, and make everything look great again.
Water Damage Restoration FAQs
What Should I Do After Finding a Water Leak?
When you find a water leak, the first step is to plug the leak or turn off the water from the main shutoff. You should then call a plumber and a professional water damage restoration team. Water damage cleanup should be done as quickly as possible to avoid extensive damage. Clean up the water and dry the saturated building material with 24 to 48 hours.
What Are the First Signs of Water Damage?
There are a few signs that you should look out for to know if you have water damage:
- Wet dark spots - discoloration on the interior and exterior wall or the ceiling will tell you if you have water damage.
- Cracking, flaking, and bubbling - if your paint is beginning to crack, bubble or flake, it means that you may have water damage.
- Pooling water - ongoing leaks can cause a pool of water. If you clean up a pool of water and it comes back, it means you have a leak.
- Spiked water bills- if your water bills have increased suddenly, it means that you may have a hidden leak.
- Sound of running water- if you hear a change in the sound of your running water like a dripping sound, it may mean you have a leak.
- Damp and musty smell- if you have a damp and musty odor in your house, it will mean that you have water damage and possible mold. You should call a professional water damage restoration team.
Do You Need to Move Out of Your Property During the Water Damage Restoration Process?
Moving out of your property is a personal decision. However, if you have filed an insurance claim, your insurance advisor will guide you. There are also several factors to consider, for example, safety; the equipment is childproof, but we require supervision to make sure no children play with it. The dehumidifiers used during water damage restoration are noisy and may create a draft in your premises for a few days. The equipment will remain on, so if it is disturbing to you it's better to consider an alternative.
At Hippo Carpet Cleaning Manhasset, our water damage restoration cost is highly affordable. Our team are ever willing and ready to solve any of your water damage problems. Don't be hesitant to reach out to us at 516-331-0997. We are your best shot.